Sunday, August 19, 2012

What you always wanted to know about butterflies

In two weeks (Labor Day weekend) I'll be giving a series of 10-15 minute butterfly presentations at the Kittitas County Fair.  I plan to talk about which butterfly species people can find locally, and other information about butterflies in general.  If anyone reading this has any questions you've always wondered about butterflies or moths, please comment on this post to let me know.  I would like to do a series of posts related to this, so any suggestions would be great!  Some potential topics:
Flight (how do they fly, how far, etc.)
How does temperature affect them?
What do the adults eat?
Also, I'll talk about some common misconceptions, such as:
Touching a butterfly's wings will kill it
All moths fly at night

No comments:

Post a Comment